Main Article Content
This research deals with the correlation between students vocabulary mastery and their achievement in their reading comprehension. The data were taken from 33 students from class X-TKJ of SMK As â€“ Sakienah Boarding School Tugu â€“ Sliyeg. The writer used quantitative method by Pearson Product Moment. From the calculation by using product moment formula, it was found out that the coefficient correlation from this research is 0,8409.. It can be concluded that there is positive and high correlation level between studentsâ€™ vocabulary mastery and their achievement in reading comprehension. This research used significance level 5%. From the hypothesis testing result, it was found thatÂ r_count is 0,8409 >r _table 0,3494. Based on the fact, it can be concluded that Alternative Hypothesis (Ha) is accepted and the Null Hypothesis (Ho) is rejected. So, there is significance correlation between studentsâ€™ vocabulary mastery and their achievement reading comprehension.
Correlation Reading comprehension Vocabulary Mastery
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.The authors who publish inÂ Cakrawala: Jurnal Pendidikan agree to the following terms:
1.Â Â Â This journal provides immediate open access to its content. All the articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Atribusi-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA),
2.Â Â Â Authors grant the journal right of (1) first publication and distribution of the article, (2) making it available to public, (3) public presentation.
3.Â Â Â Authors have the right to enter into separate contractual arrangements for posting the article to an institutional repository or publish it in a book with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4.Â Â Â Authors are permitted to post citations from their work online (e.g. on their website) with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Campillo, Rosa, M. L. (2000). Teaching and Learning Vocabulary: An
- Introduction for English Students,( 1), 35-44.
- Day, R.R.,& Park,J. (2005). Developing Reading comprehension question. Reading in a foreign Language, 17(1), 60-73.
- Elfrieda H. Hiebert & Michael L. Kamil (Eds.). (2005). Teaching and Learning Vocabulary: Bringing Research to Practice. Mahwah, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Grabe, W. And Stoller, F.L (2002). Teaching and Researching Reading .England : Pearson Education Limited
- Lehr Fran & Osborn. (2001). A Focus on Vocabulary. New Jersey: Prentice Hall
- Roehrig, Alysia D. & Guo Ying. Reading in a foreign language. United States: Florida State University
- Suharsimi, Arikunto. (2013). Manajemen Penelitian. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
- Sugiyono. (2013). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Bandung: Alfabeta